photo Home2.jpg  photo About2.jpg  photo OurHouse2.jpg  photo Contact2.jpg

Thursday, February 20, 2014

How to Keep Your Fruit Fresh

Good afternoon ya'll!!  I hope it's been a great week for everyone.  Our boys will be out of school tomorrow so we will have a long weekend.  We don't have anything exciting planned since it's supposed to be super cold but they love being out of school anyway.

Today I wanted to share a product that I've been using for a while now to keep my fruit fresh.  I know it's not a great project reveal or an awesome kitchen reveal but when I find a product I like I want to share it with you. 

Levi alternates taking his lunch to school and having the school lunches.  Jax always takes his lunch to school since he doesn't have a school provided lunch option.  So back when school started last fall I did some searching around the good ol' web to find ways to keep their fruit fresh.  I came upon this product called Ball Fruit-Fresh Protector.


I don't remember the exact price but I found this at Walmart and I want to say it was no more than $3 or $4. 

The boys love apples and so I figured I would try this out and see if it would keep their apples from browning in their lunch boxes.  If it worked this would be a cheaper alternative than buying those pre packaged apple slices.  I could buy a big bag of apples along with the Fruit-Fresh and get more for my money??  Sold!!

For scientific research purposes I figured I would show you a plate of apples.  One side has the Fruit-Fresh and the other doesn't.  I let these apples sit out for 30 minutes.

Get ready for Pinterest worthy life changing pictures....

Ta-da!!!


Here is another look at the apples.



You can see that the apples without the Fruit-Fresh are brown and that's only after 30 minutes.

So you can thank me later for saving you money on fruit and your child's school lunch.

Have a great weekend!   

No comments:

Post a Comment