photo Home2.jpg  photo About2.jpg  photo OurHouse2.jpg  photo Contact2.jpg

Friday, July 19, 2013

Placemat pillows

It's Friday...Friday...gotta get down on Friday!  Everybody's looking forward to the weekend!

Yeah, I channeled Rebecca Black for that one.  Now you're going to have that one in your head.


Reason #5452 why I love Target.

The clearance sales.  Swoon!

While in Target recently I went through the summer clearance section.  They had these placemats on clearance for 70% off.  That made them $.88 each. 

Sold!


When I saw these I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.  Pillows on my bed!  Now, I'm sure you've seen it done a million times but what's one more?


Use a seam ripper and make an opening big enough to get your arm in.  Stuff a bunch of batting here there to make the pillow fluffy.


If you are anything like me and can barely sew a button on then use fabric glue to close up the seam.  I made sure my opening was on the bottom of the placemat so you can't tell where it was open.  Run a line of glue as close as possible to the edge.


Ta da!  A nice pop of color for our master bedroom. 

The pillow I had been stalking at Target that was a coral color was bought by a certain friend of mine and returned to a different store.  Now that pillow is clearanced out and gone forever.  You shall remain nameless but you know who you are.  :)

But I like this better.  Especially since it was only $.88 instead of $20.

Come back soon too see my master bedroom and the changes we made.



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment